Johnson Summer Classic
The Johnson Summer Classic is a USTA-sanctioned, adult tournament hosted every year in August. This year will be the 9th Annual Johnson Summer Classic benefiting the Kelly Johnson Foundation. If you would like to get involved–play, volunteer, or sponsor the event, see the event information below.
9th Annual Johnson Summer Classic | June 25th & 26th, 2022
2022 TOURNAMENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS
After further review and evaluation of the weather conditions in Wauwatosa area and Hart Park court conditions, we have decided to cancel the tournament weekend!
There will be a 100% refund if your match today started, concluded, or has yet to be played on Saturday or Sunday. Expect the refund to be sent in the next 3 – 5 business days.
To recap, ALL PLAYERS WILL BE RECEIVING A REFUND!
For matches that were started or concluded today will not be submitted as the tournament is fully cancelled. If you have the match balls, feel free to keep or recycle.
Although the Sunday weather shows sun and no chance of rain, there will not be enough time to play today’s and tomorrow’s scheduled matches in one day due to court time availability.
Thank you to everyone that signed up initially to participate in the 9th Annual Johnson Summer Classic! We hope to see you on the courts next year for the 2023 event.
9:47 AM – INITIAL RAIN DELAY, EXPECT 3 HOURS.
10:15 AM – TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED SATURDAY & SUNDAY – ALL DIVISIONS.
- 9 Divisions for our 9th Anniversary: Men’s NTRP (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5), Women’s (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5)
- Entries close: Tuesday, June 21st
- Draws posted: Thursday, June 23rd
- Tournament Location: Hart Park, 7300 Chestnut St, Milwaukee, WI 53213
- TWO-DAY ONLY (Sunday, June 26th is reserved for Finals or rain check if needed depending on draw size)
- USTA-SANCTIONED LEVEL 6 EVENT
- Draw Format: First Match Losing Consolation (Guaranteed at least 2 matches)
- Scoring Format: 1 Pro Set to 8 games. 10 point tie breaker at 8 games all.
- $40 per singles player event ($80 per doubles team event). All players participating receive 1 FREE Summerfest General Admission Pass.
- Pick your day to enjoy a visit to Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance. Good for 1 day at Summerfest during public operating hours, June 23-25, June 30 – July 2, July 7-9, 2022.
- 2014 – 2016 RESULTS: Not available online.
- 2017 RESULTS: Johnson Summer Classic
- 2018 RESULTS: Johnson Summer Classic
- 2019 RESULTS: Johnson Summer Classic
- 2020 RESULTS: Johnson Summer Classic
- 2021 RESULTS: Johnson Summer Classic
- EVENT “MEDALS” CREDS awarded to winning player/team in each division!
- RAFFLE PRIZE GIVEAWAY for ALL PLAYERS competing! (up to $100 value)
***All tournament players will sign a health waiver before play (confirming they do NOT have symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines) and ensuring the health & safety of all other participants at the event. See COVID-19 Return to Play Procedures as we will be implementing at the event.
🌀 Pay It Forward Initiative: We are partnering with Second Serve 501(c)3 to donate new and gently used tennis gear to kids in need at Milwaukee Tennis & Education Foundation. Feel free to bring items to the collection bin on-site. Our goal is 90 items to celebrate our 9th annual event!
♻️ Our Sustainability Initiative: We recycle all tennis balls after the tournament with Recycleballs.
Johnson Summer Classic 2021 | Saturday, August 7th, 2021
Johnson Summer Classic 2020 | Saturday, August 1st, 2020
Johnson Summer Classic 2019 | Saturday, August 3rd, 2019
Johnson Summer Classic 2018 | Saturday, August 4th, 2018
- Over 20 participants in 4 Divisions!
- 4 sponsors and raised over $350 for the Johnson Family Scholarship awarded in 2017.
Johnson Summer Classic 2017 | Saturday, August 12th, 2017
- 12 participants in 2 Divisions!
- 3 sponsors and raised over $225 for the Johnson Family Scholarship awarded in 2017.
Johnson Summer Classic 2016 | Saturday, August 27th, 2016
- Over 30 participants in 4 Divisions!
- 7 sponsors and raised over $500 for the Johnson Family Scholarship awarded in 2016.
Johnson Summer Classic 2015 | Saturday, August 15th, 2015
- Over 35 participants in 5 Divisions!
- 9 sponsors and raised over $500 for the Johnson Family Scholarship awarded in 2015.
Johnson Summer Classic 2014 | Saturday, August 16th, 2014
- Over 40 participants in 4 Divisions!
- 13 sponsors and raised over $225 for the Johnson Family Scholarship awarded in 2014.