Turkey Trot – Mount Prospect, IL
Since 1963, on Thanksgiving morning, the Mt. Prospect Jaycees have hosted this annual Turkey Trot for families in the Mount Prospect community. To keep the tradition going, past Mt. Prospect Race Director Kelly Johnson (2016, 2017) and her nonprofit has agreed to organize the event! This year will be the 56th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk and will be benefiting the Kelly Johnson Foundation. If you would like to get involved–run, walk, volunteer, or sponsor the event, see the event information below.
Turkey Trot 5K | Thursday, November 26th
OUR TURKEY TROT IS VIRTUAL FOR 2020!
Unfortunately, due to Mount Prospect Park District COVID procedures, we are unable to host the Turkey Trot in-person this year! However, to continue on the Mount Prospect tradition, we are hosting a virtual race option so you can run, walk & gobble on Thanksgiving Day!
Choose your route of choice and submit your time to our Overall Results!
$20 – Pre-Race Youth Registration (before Monday, November 23rd)
$35 – Pre-Race Adult Registration (before Monday, November 23rd)
$25 – Packet Pickup at Hilton Chicago/Northbrook Youth Registration
$40 – Packet Pickup at Hilton Chicago/Northbrook Adult Registration
* Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (Guaranteed size & shirt for 5k Participants registered before November 16, limited sizes & shirts after 11/16 and Packet Pickup Registration)
* Goodie Bag sponsor swag & pre-packaged snacks
* Exclusive Turkey Trot Participant Medal!
* We will have a giveaway for all 5K participants who submit their times after completing your virtual race. Be sure to send us your results so your bib # is entered!
*RAFFLE PRIZES INCLUDE:
- Nutrition Prize Pack by Fuel with Nader Performance Nutrition
- The Unforgiving Line Running Books by Paul Maurer
- Ballpark gift cards
- AND MORE!
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP
Location: 2855 N Milwaukee Ave, Northbrook, IL 60062
Date: Monday Nov. 23rd, 2020
TURKEY TROT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the registration deadline?
Online registration is open for all races until noon on November 23, 2020, however there is in-person Registration available at Packet-Pickup from 12pm-6pm on November 24, 2020.
How many entry spots are available?
The 5k field is limited to 500 participants.
When do we pick up our race packet?
Race packets can be picked up on Tuesday, November 24th or your packet will be mailed to your registration address by Wednesday, November 25th.
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, please make sure that they have a copy of your confirmation email.
Which races are chip timed?
For 2020, our Turkey Trot is Virtual. After submitting your time, results will be available on our website. Next year 2021, the 5k run will be chip timed by Eclipse Timing. For 2021, results will be available after the race in the Melas Park Parking Lot.
Are strollers or dogs allowed in the Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot 5K is stroller-friendly, however there will be no dogs allowed on course.
What can I do to help this race be environmentally friendly?
Consider carpooling to the race or taking public transportation.
Where can I park?
Melas Park parking lot. Additional street parking is on Central Rd.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER CREW!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
NO VOLUNTEER OPENINGS FOR 2020.
2021 VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP NEXT YEAR!
(or Copy & Paste Link: TBD)
Want to go behind the scenes at the Turkey Trot 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Turkey Trot 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Turkey Trot 5K T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers helping at Pre-Race Packet Pickup:
- Packet Pickup – Assist Race Director with Packet Pickup on Wednesday. Greet participants, fill goodie bags, and help walk-up participants with registration.
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following Race-Day at Melas Park:
- Set-up – Assist with basic set-up of the event: put up start line equipment, registration table and refreshments.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions.
- Course Marshal – Ensure runners stay on the route and offer motivation along the way!
- Course Water Stop – Provide a cup of water at water stations. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the finish line and any requests from timing crew.
- Post-Race Refreshments & Awards – Help set-up/take down refreshments after the race. Assist in handing out Overall & Age group awards!
- Tear-down – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down start line equipment, inventorying apparel, and clean up water/refreshments.