Turkey Trot – Mount Prospect, IL
Since 1963, on Thanksgiving morning, the Mt. Prospect Jaycees have hosted this annual Turkey Trot for families in the Mount Prospect community. To keep the tradition going, past Mt. Prospect Race Director Kelly Johnson (2016, 2017) and her nonprofit has agreed to organize the event! This year will be the 56th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk and will be benefiting the Kelly Johnson Foundation. If you would like to get involved–run, walk, volunteer, or sponsor the event, see the event information below.
Turkey Trot 5K | Thursday, November 26th
2020 REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
ONLINE REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
(or Copy & Paste URL: COMING SOON!)
MAIL-IN REGISTRATION FORM COMING SOON!
TIMES: 7:00 to 7:45 a.m. – Raceday Registration and Shirt/Bib Pickup 8:00 a.m. – Start of 5k Run and Walk 9:15 a.m. – Post Race Awards & Participant Raffle!
LOCATION/COURSE: Melas Park 1500 W Central Rd, Mount Prospect, IL 60056
The race will begin in the parking lot of Melas Park and loop around the park and concludes in the parking lot.
2020 COURSE MAP
DETAILS – Race starts at the parking lot of the Melas Park parking lot, head east towards the outside loop and proceeds counter-clockwise around the park bike path. The race will complete the full outside loop twice. On the second lap of the loop, run slightly past the marker of the loop before turning left towards the straightaway to the finish. Proceed (south) straight until the finish line.
$20 – Pre-Race Youth Registration (before Tues. November 24th)
$35 – Pre-Race Adult Registration (before Tues. November 24th)
$25 – Raceday Youth Registration $40 – Raceday Adult Registration
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
* Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (Guaranteed size & shirt for 5k Participants registered before November 16, limited sizes & shirts after 11/16 and Raceday Registration)
* Post Race refreshments * Awards to the top 3 male and female runners/age by division & overall male and female finisher.
Age Divisions: 9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, (and every 10 years after) 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
* We will have a giveaway for all 5K participants following the race. Be sure to hold onto your bib # to win!
*RAFFLE PRIZES INCLUDE:
- Stay Tuned!
- AND MORE!
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP
Location Address TBD
Date: Wednesday, November 25th
TURKEY TROT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the registration deadline?
Online registration is open for all races until noon on November 24, 2020, however there is Race-Day Registration from 7am to 7:45am.
How many entry spots are available?
The 5k field is limited to 500 participants.
When do we pick up our race packet?
Race packets can be picked up on Wednesday, November 25th at TBD or on Thursday, November 26th (race day) starting at 7 a.m.
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, please make sure that they have a copy of your confirmation email.
Which races are chip timed?
The 5k run will be chip timed by Eclipse Timing. Results will be available after the race in the Melas Park Parking Lot.
Are strollers or dogs allowed in the Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot 5K is stroller-friendly, however there will be no dogs allowed on course.
What can I do to help this race be environmentally friendly?
Consider carpooling to the race or taking public transportation.
Where can I park?
Melas Park parking lot. Additional street parking is on Central Rd.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER CREW!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
(or Copy & Paste Link: COMING SOON!)
Want to go behind the scenes at the Turkey Trot 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Turkey Trot 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Turkey Trot 5K T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers helping at Pre-Race Packet Pickup at Performance Running Outfitters:
- Packet Pickup – Assist Race Director with Packet Pickup on Wednesday. Greet participants, fill goodie bags, and help walk-up participants with registration.
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following Race-Day at Melas Park:
- Set-up – Assist with basic set-up of the event: put up start line equipment, registration table and refreshments.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions.
- Course Marshal – Ensure runners stay on the route and offer motivation along the way!
- Course Water Stop – Provide a cup of water at water stations. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the finish line and any requests from timing crew.
- Post-Race Refreshments & Awards – Help set-up/take down refreshments after the race. Assist in handing out Overall & Age group awards!
- Tear-down – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down start line equipment, inventorying apparel, and clean up water/refreshments.