Turkey Trot – Brookfield, WI 🦃
2023 will be the 6th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk benefiting the Kelly Johnson Foundation. If you would like to get involved–run, walk, volunteer, or sponsor the event, see the event information below.
2023 Turkey Trot 5K | Saturday, November 25th
2023 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
8:00 to 8:45 a.m. - Raceday Registration and Shirt/Bib Pickup
9:00 a.m. - Start of 5k Run and Walk
10:15 a.m. - Post Race Awards & Participant Raffle!
LOCATION/COURSE: Mitchell Park, 2925 N Barker Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045
The race will begin in the parking lot of Mitchell Park, head out towards onto River Rd and across Barker following the bike trail and looping around Fox Brook Park and head back to Mitchell Park. The race concludes in Mitchell Park.
2023 COURSE MAP:
DETAILS – Race starts at the parking lot of the Mitchell Park Pavilion, and turn left (south) onto Mitchell Park Boulevard. Go south to River Road; turn right (west) on River and proceed on River Road west, cross Barker Road and go onto the bike path in Fox Brook Park. Run counter-clockwise on the bike path, around Fox Brook lake and return to River Road. Go east on River Road to Mitchell Park Boulevard. Turn left (north) on Mitchell Park Boulevard and follow past the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center. Turn right onto the bike path directly behind the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center. Follow the bike path to the finish line.
Overall Male - Ben Deguire 16:09 (2020)
Overall Female - Anna Curtis 19:58 (2021)
$20 - Pre-Race Youth (14 & under) Registration (before Thurs. November 23rd)
$35 - Pre-Race Adult Registration (15 to 64 years old) (before Thurs. November 23rd)
$30 - Pre-Race Seniors (65 & up) (before Thurs. November 23rd)
$40 - Race Day Adult Registration (15 to 64 years old)
FAMILY PRICING (Max 4) - Receive $10 OFF, discount will be applied at the end of the order!
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
* Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (Guaranteed size & shirt for 5k Participants registered before November 1st, limited shirts & sizes Raceday, if we run out of this year's shirt after 11/01 we will give you last year's shirt!)
* Post Race refreshments
* Awards to the top 3 male and female runners/age by division & overall male and female finisher. Age Divisions: 14 & Under, 15-19, (and every 10 years after) 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
* We will have a giveaway for all 5K participants following the race. Be sure to hold onto your bib # to win!
*RAFFLE PRIZES INCLUDE:
- Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) 30 Day Membership
- The Unforgiving Line Running Books by Paul Maurer
- Performance Running Outfitters gift cards
- Rustoleum Paint gift packs
- Goodr running accessories
- Simple Biz 360 prize pack
- AND MORE!
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP
Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) Brookfield
Dates: Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023
TURKEY TROT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the registration deadline?
Online registration is open for all races until noon on November 23rd, 2023, however there is Race-Day Registration from 8am to 8:45am.
How many entry spots are available?
The 5k field is limited to 250 participants.
When do we pick up our race packet?
Race packets can be picked up on Wednesday, Nov. 22nd at Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) Brookfield or on Saturday, November 25th (race day) starting at 8 a.m.
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, please make sure that they have a copy of your confirmation email.
Which races are chip timed?
The 5k run will be chip timed by Timingiseverything.com Race Timing. Results will be available after the race in the Mitchell Park Lodge and online at Timingiseverything.com. Your time begins after you cross the start line and ends after you cross the finish line!
Are strollers or dogs allowed in the Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot 5K is stroller-friendly, however there will be no dogs allowed on course.
What can I do to help this race be environmentally friendly?
Consider carpooling to the race or taking public transportation.
Where can I park?
Mitchell Brook parking lot. We do encourage carpooling as limited parking spots are available for the event. FREE Parking for all spectators, volunteers, and participants.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
Want to go behind the scenes at the Turkey Trot 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Turkey Trot 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
- Great event experience and easy volunteer/community service hours!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers helping at Pre-Race Packet Pickup at Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) Brookfield:
- Packet Pickup – Assist Race Director with Packet Pickup on Wednesday. Greet participants, fill goodie bags, and help walk-up participants with registration.
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following Race-Day at Fox Brook Park:
- Set-up – Assist with basic set-up of the event: put up start line equipment, registration table and refreshments.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions.
- Course Marshal – Ensure runners stay on the route and offer motivation along the way!
- Course Water Stop – Provide a cup of water at water stations. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the finish line and any requests from timing crew.
- Mascot & Mascot Assistant – Cheer on, take photos, and give high-fives to our participants
- Lead Cyclist – Lead the top runners of the race from start to finish! You get to bike a 5K!
- Post-Race Refreshments & Awards - Help set-up/take down refreshments after the race. Assist in handing out Overall & Age group awards!
- Tear-down – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down start line equipment, inventorying apparel, and clean up water/refreshments.