7:00 to 7:45 a.m. - Raceday Registration and Shirt/Bib Pickup
8:00 a.m. - Start of 5k Run and Walk
9:15 a.m. - Post Race Awards
LOCATION/COURSE: Mitchell Park 19900 River Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045
The race will begin in the parking lot of Mitchell Park and loop around Fox Brook Park. The race concludes in Mitchell Park.
2018 COURSE MAP:
DETAILS – Race starts at the parking lot of the Mitchell Park Pavilion, and turn left (south) onto Mitchell Park Boulevard. Go south to River Road; turn right (west) on River and proceed on River Road west, cross Barker Road and go onto the bike path in Fox Brook Park. Run counter-clockwise on the bike path, around Fox Brook lake and return to River Road. Go east on River Road to Mitchell Park Boulevard. Turn left (north) on Mitchell Park Boulevard and follow past the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center. Turn right onto the bike path directly behind the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center. Follow the bike path to the finish line.
$10 - 5k Run/Walk Youth Participants (12 and Under)
$25 - 5k Run/Walk Participants (By November 15)
$15 - Raceday Youth Registration
$30 - Raceday Registration
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
* Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (Guaranteed size & shirt for 5k Participants registered before November 15, limited sizes & shirts Raceday)
* Post Race refreshments
* Awards to the top 3 male and female runners/age by division & overall male and female finisher. Age Divisions: 9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, (and every 10 years after) 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP
Performance Running Outfitters
2205 N Calhoun Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005
Date: Friday, November 23rd
Time: 11 AM - 7 PM
TURKEY TROT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the registration deadline?
Online registration is open for all races until noon on November 23, 2018, however there is Race-Day Registration from 7am to 7:45am.
How many entry spots are available?
The 5k field is limited to 1,500 participants.
When do we pick up our race packet?
Race packets can be picked up on Friday, November 23rd at Performance Running Outfitters or on Saturday, November 24th (race day) starting at 7 a.m.
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, please make sure that they have a copy of your confirmation email.
Which races are chip timed?
The 5k run will be chip timed by Eclipse Timing. Results will be available after the race in the Mitchell Park Shelter.
Are strollers or dogs allowed in the Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot 5K is stroller-friendly, however there will be no dogs allowed on course.
What can I do to help this race be environmentally friendly?
Consider carpooling to the race or taking public transportation.
Where can I park?
Mitchell Park parking lot. Additional parking is available across in Fox Brook Park for $4 per car.
TITLE SPONSOR: Athletico Physical Therapy
SILVER & BRONZE SPONSORS:
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER CREW!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
2018 VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP CLOSED! Stay Tuned for 2019
(or Copy & Paste Link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080C4FAAAD2DA5FD0-turkey1)
Want to go behind the scenes at the Turkey Trot 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Turkey Trot 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Turkey Trot 5K T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following:
- Set-up – Assist with basic set-up of the event: put up start line equipment, registration table and refreshments.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions.
- Course Marshal – Ensure runners stay on the route and offer motivation along the way!
- Course Water Stop – Provide a cup of water at water stations. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the finish line and provide runners with water, bananas.
- Tear-down – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down start line equipment, inventorying apparel, and clean up water/refreshments.