Turkey Trot – Brookfield, WI
2021 will be the 4th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk benefiting the Kelly Johnson Foundation. If you would like to get involved–run, walk, volunteer, or sponsor the event, see the event information below.
2021 Turkey Trot 5K | Saturday, November 27th
2021 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Thank You to everyone who participated in our 2020 event this year!
7:00 to 7:45 a.m. - Raceday Registration and Shirt/Bib Pickup
8:00 a.m. - Start of 5k Run and Walk
9:15 a.m. - Post Race Awards & Participant Raffle!
LOCATION/COURSE: Fox Brook Park, 2925 N Barker Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045
The race will begin in the parking lot of Fox Brook Park and loop around the park, go across onto River Rd, then turn around and head back to Fox Brook Park. The race concludes in Fox Brook Park.
2020 COURSE MAP:
DETAILS – Race starts at the parking lot of the Fox Brook Park Lodge, and proceeds counter-clockwise around the park bike path and cross over Barker Rd to proceed onto River Road. The race will continue (east) on River and turn around at roughly the 2mi marker. At the turnaround, proceed west on River Road, cross Barker Road and go onto the bike path in Fox Brook Park. Follow the bike path heading towards the Fox Brook Lodge to the finish line.
Overall Male - Ben Deguire 16:09 (2020)
Overall Female - Kimberly Debiasse 20:02 (2018)
$20 - Pre-Race Youth (14 & under) Registration (before Thurs. November 25th)
$35 - Pre-Race Adult Registration (before Thurs. November 25th)
$25 - Raceday Youth Registration
$40 - Raceday Adult Registration
FAMILY PRICING (Max 4) - Receive $10 OFF, discount will be applied at the end of the order!
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
* Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (Guaranteed size & shirt for 5k Participants registered before November 16, limited sizes & shirts after 11/01 and Raceday Registration)
* Post Race refreshments (limited due to COVID procedures)
* Awards to the top 3 male and female runners/age by division & overall male and female finisher. Age Divisions: 9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, (and every 10 years after) 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
* We will have a giveaway for all 5K participants following the race. Be sure to hold onto your bib # to win!
*RAFFLE PRIZES INCLUDE:
- Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) 90 Day Membership
- The Unforgiving Line Running Books by Paul Maurer
- Ski's Sugar Shack gift pack
- Sweet P's Pantry Toffee
- Simple Biz 360 prize pack
- AND MORE!
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP
Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) Brookfield
Dates: Tuesday, Nov. 23rd & Wednesday, Nov. 24th
Time: 12:00pm-6:00pm (SAME TIME, BOTH DAYS)
TURKEY TROT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the registration deadline?
Online registration is open for all races until noon on November 27th, 2021, however there is Race-Day Registration from 7am to 7:45am.
How many entry spots are available?
The 5k field is limited to 250 participants.
When do we pick up our race packet?
Race packets can be picked up on Tuesday, Nov. 23rd and Wednesday, Nov. 24th at Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) Brookfield or on Saturday, November 27th (race day) starting at 7 a.m.
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, please make sure that they have a copy of your confirmation email.
Which races are chip timed?
The 5k run will be chip timed by Timingiseverything.com Race Timing. Results will be available after the race in the Fox Brook Park Lodge and online at Timingiseverything.com. Your time begins after you cross the start line and ends after you cross the finish line!
Are strollers or dogs allowed in the Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot 5K is stroller-friendly, however there will be no dogs allowed on course.
What can I do to help this race be environmentally friendly?
Consider carpooling to the race or taking public transportation.
Where can I park?
Fox Brook parking lot. The Turkey Trot 5K happens during the Waukesha County “Thankful for Parks” promotion days, thus the $5/car entrance fee is waived. FREE Parking for all spectators, volunteers, and participants.
Please read BEFORE THE EVENT our COVID procedures and social distancing guidelines in accordance to Waukesha County Parks and Recreation for 2021!
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER CREW!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
2021 VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP LINK COMING SOON!
(or Copy & Paste Link: TBA)
Want to go behind the scenes at the Turkey Trot 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Turkey Trot 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Turkey Trot 5K T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers helping at Pre-Race Packet Pickup at Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC) Brookfield:
- Packet Pickup – Assist Race Director with Packet Pickup on Tuesday & Wednesday. Greet participants, fill goodie bags, and help walk-up participants with registration.
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following Race-Day at Fox Brook Park:
- Set-up – Assist with basic set-up of the event: put up start line equipment, registration table and refreshments.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions.
- Course Marshal – Ensure runners stay on the route and offer motivation along the way!
- Course Water Stop – Provide a cup of water at water stations. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the finish line and any requests from timing crew.
- Post-Race Refreshments & Awards - Help set-up/take down refreshments after the race. Assist in handing out Overall & Age group awards!
- Tear-down – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down start line equipment, inventorying apparel, and clean up water/refreshments.