This year will be the 1st Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk benefiting the Kelly Johnson Foundation. If you would like to get involved--run, walk, volunteer, or sponsor the event, see the event information below.
Turkey Trot 2018 | Saturday, November 24th
7:00 to 7:45 a.m. - Raceday Registration and Shirt/Bib Pickup
8:00 a.m. - Start of 5k Run and Walk
9:15 a.m. - Post Race Awards
19900 River Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045
The race will begin in the parking lot of Mitchell Park and loop around Fox Brook Park. The race concludes in Mitchell Park. The route map will be posted shortly!
$10 - 5k Run/Walk Youth Participants (12 and Under)
$25 - 5k Run/Walk Participants (By November 15)
$15 - Raceday Youth Registration
$30 - Raceday Registration
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
* Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (Guaranteed size for 5k Participants registered before November 15, limited sizes Raceday)
* Post Race refreshments
* Awards to the top male and female runners/age by division & overall male and female finisher
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP
Performance Running Outfitters
2205 N Calhoun Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005
Date: Friday, November 23rd
2018 SPONSORS: Wilson Sporting Goods, In Focus Timing, more to come!...
TURKEY TROT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the registration deadline?
Online registration is open for all races until noon on November 23, 2018, however there is Race-Day Registration from 7am to 7:45am.
How many entry spots are available?
The 5k field is limited to 1,500 participants.
When do we pick up our race packet?
Race packets can be picked up on Friday, November 23rd at Performance Running Outfitters or on Saturday, November 24th (race day) starting at 7 a.m.
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, please make sure that they have a copy of your confirmation email.
Which races are chip timed?
The 5k run will be chip timed. Results will be available after the race in the Mitchell Park Shelter.
Are strollers or dogs allowed in the Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot 5K is stroller-friendly, however there will be no dogs allowed on course.
What can I do to help this race be environmentally friendly?
Consider carpooling to the race or taking public transportation.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER CREW!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
Want to go behind the scenes at the Turkey Trot 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Turkey Trot 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Turkey Trot 5K T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following:
- Set-up – Assist with basic set-up of the event: put up start line equipment, registration table and refreshments.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions.
- Course Marshal – Ensure runners stay on the route and offer motivation along the way!
- Course Water Stop – Provide a cup of water at water stations. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the finish line and provide runners with water, bananas.
- Tear-down – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down start line equipment, inventorying apparel, and clean up water/refreshments.
(or Copy & Paste Link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080C4FAAAD2DA5FD0-turkey1)